February Special Offer! Order your colour explosion now, with up to 40% off our Botany Lap Waste - Find out more
Top Tip - Leftover Yarn
How often do you have leftover yarn from your knitting sessions? Well here are a couple of ideas for you to put that leftover yarn to good use! We love the pom pom bookmarks and yarn stamps!
No one wants to throw away unwanted yarn, so why not make some clever little yarn stamps? Wrap your yarn around small blocks of wood, corks or stone, add your favourite paint colour to personalise cards, notepads and pretty much anything you like! Put your own stamp on it!
If you're still feeling creative, then the pom-pom bookmarks are a must! Colourful, funky and you will never lose your page again! They're also great as gifts, because they're affordable and easy to make, here's how to make them:
- - Simply cut two pieces of yarn, one 8-10 inches long and the other 15 inches and keep to one side
- Wrap your leftover yarn around 3 of your fingers, around 90 times!
- Cut the yarn and carefully pull it off your fingers
- Lay it down on top of the 8-10 inch yarn
- Tie a tight knot around the ball of yarn
- To add the bookmark tail, use the 15 inch and tie it around the same yarn as before!
- Simply cut through the yarn loops to create a fluffy ball
- Now your yarn ball will need a good haircut so grab those scissors and get snipping but be careful not to cut the bookmark tail!
- Ta-da! your pom-pom bookmark is now complete! Enjoy!
Look out for more yarn ideas coming soon.
Posted27th May 2015
What gift would you give the Royals on the arrival of Princess Charlotte? The giving of gifts to celebrate the birth of a new baby is a tradition that spans the globe.
Latest in this category
Wool can easily lose its shape and become less defined if washed without care, and worst of all, it can shrink, becoming quite a few sizes smaller. We give you the top tips to avoid shrinking your favourite jumper!
Did you know that people have been making felted yarn balls for years as an eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener?