Marvellous May at WoW! We've packed this May with tons of offers, competitions and new products! Make sure you don't miss out! - Find out more
How to Make Halloween Yarn Pumpkin Garlands
Looking for a Halloween craft? These little yarn pumpkin garlands will look great hanging from your mantelpiece throughout the Autumn and as a spooky decoration on Halloween night!
- Orange yarn, available here from World of Wool
- Green pipe cleaners, available here from World of Wool
1. Wrap yarn around four fingers about 120 times or so
2. Cut a 10 inch piece of yarn and stick it between your fingers to wrap it around the big yarn loop
3. Line up the piece of yarn in the middle of the yarn loop, and tie - pulling taut and wrapping around the back as well.
4. You now have your basic pumpkin shape. Cut a 2 inch piece of pipe cleaner and tie to the pumpkin using the two loose strands of yarn from Step 3. Don't trim the strands yet!
5. Wrap the pipe cleaner around itself to form the stem.
6. Pretty up your pumpkin by tucking in any loose loops
7. Once again using the loose strings on the pumpkin to tie them around the twine. Continue making pumpkins until you have enough for your garland!
These would also look great as stand-alone yarn pumpkins scattered down the middle of your dining table or mixed in with some real mini pumpkins on your mantelpiece!
Source: Land of Nod
Will you be making our own Halloween decorations? Share your pictures on our Facebook or Twitter page @worldofwool
Posted1st October 2015
Spinzilla is a world-wide spinning event where teams and individuals compete in a friendly challenge to see who can spin the most yarn in a week! Starting on 5th - 11th October!
Latest in this category
Take your spinning and knitting to the next level by introducing beads and sequins to create beautifully embellished artyarn.
They may not officially be in season until Summer but who cares?! It’s officially Spring and who doesn’t love a sunflower?! Let’s get our creative juices flowing and encourage the sun to join us with this amazing sunflower pillow.
We’re getting very Christmassy here at World of Wool and we would like to share with you how to make felt tree decorations. They will look super festive hanging from your mantelpiece or Christmas tree!