February Special Offer! Order your colour explosion now, with up to 40% off our Botany Lap Waste - Find out more
How to Make Halloween Yarn Pumpkin Garlands
Looking for a Halloween craft? These little yarn pumpkin garlands will look great hanging from your mantelpiece throughout the Autumn and as a spooky decoration on Halloween night!
1. Wrap yarn around four fingers about 120 times or so
2. Cut a 10 inch piece of yarn and stick it between your fingers to wrap it around the big yarn loop
3. Line up the piece of yarn in the middle of the yarn loop, and tie - pulling taut and wrapping around the back as well.
4. You now have your basic pumpkin shape. Cut a 2 inch piece of pipe cleaner and tie to the pumpkin using the two loose strands of yarn from Step 3. Don't trim the strands yet!
5. Wrap the pipe cleaner around itself to form the stem.
6. Pretty up your pumpkin by tucking in any loose loops
7. Once again using the loose strings on the pumpkin to tie them around the twine. Continue making pumpkins until you have enough for your garland!
These would also look great as stand-alone yarn pumpkins scattered down the middle of your dining table or mixed in with some real mini pumpkins on your mantelpiece!
Source: Land of Nod
Will you be making our own Halloween decorations? Share your pictures on our Facebook or Twitter page @worldofwool
Posted1st October 2015
Spinzilla is a world-wide spinning event where teams and individuals compete in a friendly challenge to see who can spin the most yarn in a week! Starting on 5th - 11th October!
Latest in this category
We’re getting very Christmassy here at World of Wool and we would like to share with you how to make felt tree decorations. They will look super festive hanging from your mantelpiece or Christmas tree!
Here's how you can make your very own seamless wet felted purse by following these easy step by step instructions...
Looking for a Halloween craft? These giant spider webs will look great hanging from your walls throughout the Autumn and as a spooky decoration on Halloween night!