Looking for a Halloween craft? These little yarn pumpkin garlands will look great hanging from your mantelpiece throughout the Autumn and as a spooky decoration on Halloween night! What you'll need...
- Orange yarn, available here from World of Wool
- Green pipe cleaners, available here from World of Wool
1. Wrap yarn around four fingers about 120 times or so
2. Cut a 10 inch piece of yarn and stick it between your fingers to wrap it around the big yarn loop
3. Line up the piece of yarn in the middle of the yarn loop, and tie - pulling taut and wrapping around the back as well.
4. You now have your basic pumpkin shape. Cut a 2 inch piece of pipe cleaner and tie to the pumpkin using the two loose strands of yarn from Step 3. Don't trim the strands yet!
5. Wrap the pipe cleaner around itself to form the stem.
6. Pretty up your pumpkin by tucking in any loose loops
7. Once again using the loose strings on the pumpkin to tie them around the twine. Continue making pumpkins until you have enough for your garland!
These would also look great as stand-alone yarn pumpkins scattered down the middle of your dining table or mixed in with some real mini pumpkins on your mantelpiece!
Source: Land of Nod
Will you be making our own Halloween decorations? Share your pictures on our Facebook or Twitter page @worldofwool