Did you know that people have been making felted yarn balls for years as an eco-friendly alternative to dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener?
So how do they actually work? It's simple. They bounce around in the dryer separating clothes, allowing more hot air to circulate through all the garments. As they tumble, the wool balls fluff your laundry, reduce wrinkles, and basically pummel the laundry to make it softer.
They do so much more than a dryer sheet by pulling moisture out of your clothes so you don't have to run the dryer as long. The more dryer balls you have in a load, the shorter the drying time will be, so why not try it out and let us know what you think! What are the benefits of using wool balls in your dryer?
- They decrease drying time, saving you money on utility bills. (Especially helpful in the winter months!)
- Commercial fabric softeners and dryer sheets are filled with harmful chemicals and perfumes that coat your clothing, eventually ending up on your skin. These chemicals can be especially harsh on sensitive skin. There are no chemicals in wool dryer balls!
- Commercial dryer sheets can be costly, and are thrown away after use. Wool dryer balls can be re-used for years, saving you money.
- Wool dryer balls won't affect the absorbency of your towels, kitchen cloths, or cloth diapers - commercial softeners will.
- 100% wool dryer balls increase fluffiness and reduce static as dryer loads tumble.
- Dryer balls help to soften clothes naturally.
- Dryer balls are made from a renewable resource.
Source: DIY Natural