5. Place the netting over the project. Use your bubble wrap and make circular motions on the fibres that are on top of the foam resist. Hold down the netting with your other hand, so that it does not bunch up and over-disturb the fibres underneath. For the fibres that are on the outside of the foam, simply press down and pull your bubble wrap in a line, from the circle outwards, see arrows on picture.
6. Lift your netting after about 3 minutes of rubbing. If the fibres are stuck to the foam pad rather than attaching to the netting, you’re ready for the next step! If it all peels apart easily, apply more spray water and continue to rub.
7. This is how your project should look so far!
8. Now you need to flip your project over! Be careful as it may be suctioned to the plastic. Pull by the edges so that you don’t disturb the fibres in the middle!
9. Now spray your entire project with your soapy water solution. Then carefully fold over the overlapped fibres.
Dyed Merino Tops are perfect for hand spinning and felting projects.
We have 100 precision dyed solid colours to choose from.
Dyed Merino Superfine Tops are perfect for hand spinning and felting projects.
We have 10 precision dyed solid colours to choose from.
Blue Face Leicester TopsClick on your choice of colour below